By J.G. Noll
Is there anything in the military community quite as wonderful or anticipated as a homecoming?
Often homecomings are highly romanticized and can become elaborate fantasies perpetuated by social media and “homecoming porn.” For spouses, the thought of that first embrace and kiss can make the long days and longer months more bearable. But for our tiniest members of the military community, homecomings are moments when Mom or Dad is no longer just a face on a screen or a distant memory. The joy and excitement of seeing their parent is immediate and electric.
1. A child embraces his father after forgetting his painstakingly made welcome home sign.
2. A family of almost-four waits shiny-eyed for Daddy to show up and hold them.
3. A Marine and his son reconnect over a dufflebag.
4. An exhausted young boy clings to his father’s shoulder.
5. It’s time to go home… finally.
6. Embraced by her father, this tiny patriot sheds a tear.
7. It’s the best day ever!
8. Waiting can be tough… but military kids know how to with style.
9. This little girl runs into her dad’s open arms.
10. This tiny tyke waits for the best birthday present… ever.
11. A daughter greets her father on the tarmac.
12. If you’ve ever attended even one homecoming, you know exactly how this little girl is feeling.
13. A little boy shares a moment of pride with his dad… and his dad’s hat.