Get out of your comfort zone!
Military life requires you to step out of your comfort zone.
Packing up moving every couple of years requires change – lots of change.
How can you get out of your comfort zone at each new duty station?
* Attend a spouse event – trust me, there are other spouses there looking to build new relationships.
* Strike up a conversation at the commissary – I know. That sounds weird. BUT…you already know you have something in common with the person. Military Life!
* Introduce yourself on your base FB page/group – say hi. Tell the group a little about yourself and ask to meet up. Yes, you may need to post it a few times for the right person to see it, but it’s ok.
* Say hello to your neighbor – a simple smile and friendly hello can spark a lifetime friendship.
* Try something new. Every new place has something new to offer. Make a plan and take the step to do it!
I know it’s easier said than done, but remember…… GO FOR WHAT YOU KNOW! Step out, and do YOU! What do you plan to step out and do?