MilitaryOneClick and Influence Central team up to connect companies and large brand opportunities with the military community around the world.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
MilitaryOneClick and Influence Central team up to connect companies and large brand opportunities with the military community around the world. Jennifer Pilcher, Founder & CEO of MilitaryOneClick and Stacy DeBroff, Founder & CEO of Influence Central met over 3 years ago at the Inc. Magazine 500/5000 awards conference where DeBroff received an award for fastest-growing privately owned company. Since then, the two companies have worked towards this partnership with creating the first ever “Military Consumer Research Survey.”
Research respondents included spouses of active duty and retired personnel, as well as Moms of military service members, with near equal representation from the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S Air Force. These findings shed new light on shopping behaviors, retail preferences, travel habits, and big-ticket purchasing decisions of military spouses and Moms – and revealed an array of insights on what motivates this demographic when making consumer choices. The survey consisted of questions specifically targeting over 25 Fortune 500 Companies such as; MetLife, USAA, Navy Federal, Wal-Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Toyota, Ford, GM, Amazon, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Marriott, Disney, Sprint, AT&T and more.
Highlights of the results:
- More than 90% of families base their shopping decisions on whether or not a business offers a military discount, and nearly 70% of families said they would travel upwards of 15 miles to shop at a store that offered a military discount of between 10% and 20+%.
- While many military families shop for groceries from on-base military commissaries, nearly 80% will travel off base to shop at leading retail stores when making other purchases for their families.
- When in the market for both homes and cars, military families strongly prefer to purchase, with 95% of families choosing to purchase vehicles rather than lease. In fact, more than one-quarter of military families look to purchase a vehicle in the next year and their top choices include SUVs, trucks, or four-door sedans.
- Even with the importance of family travel, value factors in significantly as more than 80% of military families seek out vacation destinations offering a military price break, and nearly 90% of families opt to stay at hotels offering similar discounts.
- Moreover, half of all military families will plan their travel based on the availability of discounted pricing for service members.
- The full report and findings can be found here: http:// http://influence-central.com/report/a-rising-consumer-demographic
According to DeBroff, “Influence Central has long known that Moms direct their families’ purchasing decisions, but we’ve now gained new perspective into this powerful American consumer group – learning what resonates with military families and what most influences their consumer choices and brand affinities. To further illuminate the emerging strength of the military consumer, we teamed up with MilitaryOneClick to connect military families with brands, and we’re excited to have a strong group of military influencers eager to engage with brands in social media campaigns.”
About Influence Central
Through specialty divisions that include Mom Central Consulting, Millennial Central, Dad Central Consulting, and Mom Central Canada, Influence Central delivers cutting-edge social media and digital campaigns that create powerful, meaningful results for more than 200 national brands annually. Influence Central reaches brand advocates in sectors that include Moms, Millennials, Women, Dads, Canadian Moms/Women, Empty-Nesters, and Military Families, as well as influencers with a specialty content focus such as food, fashion, beauty, fitness, and travel. Headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, New York, and Toronto, Canada, the company has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing privately held companies for the past three years.
MilitaryOneClick founded and led by Jennifer Pilcher, one of the nation’s foremost experts on military families, is a premier online resource for active duty military, reservists, veterans, and their families. A military marketing consultant and military spouse herself, Pilcher and MilitaryOneClick work with clients that include Amazon, MetLife, GM, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Sittercity, Sprint, and US Chamber of Commerce. MilitaryOneClick connects directly with their community daily through milspousefest.wpengine.com, social media, blogs, e-newsletter and boots on the ground events, reaching over 2 million people a month.